I spent my 20th birthday weekend in Ibiza and Barcelona last year during study abroad and that’s when I knew it would be a good year. My 20th year was, in fact, a good year, but it also presented me with a lot of new challenges. Since my 19 Things I’ve Learned in 19 Years post was so popular, I thought I’d give this one a shot. Here are 21 things I learned during my 20th year…
21 Things I Learned When I Was 20
- Ask for what you want.
- Do what you want. Graduate early, go to fashion week, do what makes you happy.
- Be a little bit of a Blair Waldorf sometimes, especially when it comes to fashion.
- Adulting is hard, but it’s worth it.
- Be vulnerable with people you care about.
- Find joy in little things like iced chai lattes and croissants.
- You have to fail more than a few times before you can succeed.
- Don’t be afraid to go to events by yourself. You never know who you will meet.
- Find a group of friends that make you laugh even when you’re sad.
- Don’t let other people’s issues hold you back. Go your own way.
- Living alone has its pros and cons.
- Always stand up for yourself.
- Let go of the things that you can’t control.
- Believe in something bigger than yourself and be endlessly thankful.
- Take on tasks that will make you a better person.
- Know that you don’t have to face life’s challenges alone.
- Be the bigger person.
- We all need to take a break or a little vacation sometimes. There is no shame in that.
- Remember the things that made you feel good or bad and learn from them.
- Listen to music that makes you smile.
- Be firey, unique, and filled with passion.
I hope you liked this post and THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes! 21 is a big year and as the youngest of my friend group, it was fun to celebrate in Chicago with them since I was never able to go out before.
Let me know which of my 21 things is your favorite in the comment section below.